Parrano® Buffalo Chicken
In celebration of National #BuffaloMacDay, Parrano has partnered with one of NYC's hottest mac and cheese places to curate some of the best Buffalo Mac & Cheese in town. Below is the secret S'MAC recipe....ENJOY!
Write a review
- 2/3 lb elbow macaroni (yeild:4 cups cooked)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 TB all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 TB unsalted butter
- 8 oz Parrano® Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot original sauce
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 3/4 crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2. Bring pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the pasta until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add a touch of olive oil and toss lightly.
- 3. Saute the cubed chicken breast in olive oil for approximately 5 minutes (until cooked through). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 5. In a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the flour, cooking for 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to brown the mixture. Slowly add the hot milk, whisking constantly (this will ensure that there are no lumps).
- 6. Add the Parrano® cheese. Stir frequently, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is slightly thickened. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Remove from the heat. Stir and pour the mixture over the pasta. Add the cooked chicken breast and the Frank's hot sauce and mix thoroughly. Transfer to a baking dish.
- 8. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on top of the macaroni.
- 9. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes at 400°F. You can also broil for 3 minutes at the end to get a crisp on top.