National Parrano® Buffalo Mac Day – Oct. 18
Who can resist the smell of ooey-gooey cheese covered noodles doused with spicy buffalo wing sauce? Obviously….no one! That’s why we are celebrating our 3rd Annual Buffalo Mac Day with three new deliciously healthy recipes for everyone to enjoy! Did you even think it was possible to make a Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, and Grain-Free version of buffalo mac and cheese? We had our doubts too, but were determined to bring you these healthy recipes without sacrificing taste.
So wake up and smell the mac and cheese. Pick your recipe, and get ready for dinner!
Gluten Free Parrano® Buffalo Mac & Cheese
Guilt-free, gooey, and spiced up are the three reasons you will be begging for seconds!
2 cups gluten free pasta
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, chopped
1/3 cup brown rice flour
12 oz can lowfat evaporated milk
2 cups skim milk
16 oz Parrano® cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
Kosher salt, pepper to taste
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot, toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- For cheese sauce, melt butter in medium size saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add flour and stir consistently until well blended. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly brownish in color.
- Add evaporated milk slowly while stirring constantly to break up any clumps. Add 2 cups of milk, and whisk to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Fold in shredded cheese until melted. Add wing sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and cubed chicken.
- Add mixture to cooked pasta, and stir until combined.
Grain-free Parrano® Buffalo Mac & Cheese
Who says you need pasta to make a delicious mac and cheese recipe? This healthy alternative is incredibly “mind-blowingly” light and satisfying – you have to try it for yourself!
2 medium heads of Cauliflower
2 cups cottage cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
3/4 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
2 cups Parrano® cheese, shredded
2-3 Chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower, and put on tea towel or cheesecloth. Be sure to squeeze out all excess water so you don’t end up with cauliflower soup.
- Mix cottage cheese, egg, spices, and buffalo sauce in medium bowl. Once combined add cauliflower, cheese, and cubed chicken. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Put in 9×13 baking dish and bake in 350F oven for 25 minutes.
*Optional: sprinkle more cheese on top before baking
Vegetarian Parrano® Buffalo Mac & Cheese
Everything about this recipe is spot on! The spicy buffalo tofu balances the nutty quinoa perfectly, leaving you with wanting more!
1 ½ cup Quinoa Pasta, cooked according to package
1 (14oz) package extra-firm tofu
½ cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
2 cups reduced-fat milk
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of onion powder
1 ½ cup Parrano® cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Press tofu for 30 minutes, to get out excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of hot sauce and salt. Arrange pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake tofu for 20-30 minutes, or until it’s browned on the edges, stirring halfway through cooking time. Put baked tofu back in bowl and toss with the remaining hot sauce. Bake for additional 10 minutes.
- While tofu is baking, heat milk in small saucepan over medium heat until warm to touch.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted completely, add flour, salt, garlic and onion powder. Whisk until combined. Let cook until mixture is golden brown, 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour warmed milk into flour mixture, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Continue to whisk until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in Parrano cheese until melted.
- Fold in cooked quinoa. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve mac and cheese topped with baked buffalo tofu.