Dark Chocolate Gouda Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of coco powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 oz of dark chocolate, melted
- 3.5 oz of dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 14 small chunks of Parrano®
- Whisk together flour, coco powder, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Roughly chop 4 oz (114 grams) of dark chocolate and, in a microwave-proof bowl, heat on high a few times on a 30-second interval (give it a little stir in between) until melted. Set aside.
- On a stand-mixer or hand-held mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on high. Stop the machine a couple of times and scrape the bottom, then beat again until the mixture is pale and fluffy, approx 3~5 min.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until the mixture is thick and velvety, approx 3 min.
- Add the vanilla extract and melted dark chocolate, beat until evenly mixed together.
- Then add the flour mixture, on slow-speed, stir until the batter is mixed. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure the mixture is even, then add the chopped dark chocolate and mix until incorporated. Chill the cookie dough/batter in the fridge for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven on 350ºF/175ºC.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a large ice-cream scoop and pack a tight scoop-full of the cookie dough, then drop it onto the parchment paper with 2″/6 cm space in between.
- Insert a small piece of aged gouda in the center and press it in slightly. If you can, wrap the gouda completely inside the dough.
- Bake in the oven for approx 14 min. The cookie should feel soft and unset when you try to remove it from the sheet pan. Let the cookie cool off slightly on the cooling rack.
- Dark chocolate cookie recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Adapted from Sweet
Adapted from Sweet