Parrano® Cranberry Turnovers
Share in the festivities of the season with this Parrano and cranberry appetizer. From holiday parties to New Year’s Eve, this is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Write a review
- 2 cups Parrano® cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup homemade cranberry sauce (recipe below)
- 16 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- ½ stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Mix together Parrano® cheese, cream cheese and homemade cranberry sauce until well blended.
- Unroll phyllo dough and cover with plastic wrap and a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Working one phyllo sheet at a time, place sheet on cutting board and gently brush with butter. Layer on another piece of phyllo dough and repeat with 2 more sheets. Do not add butter to the top sheet. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the sheets into 4 equal squares.
- In the middle of each square, place a heaping teaspoon of cheese mixture. Brush butter on corners of each square. Fold one corner of phyllo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a triangle. Press edges to seal. Repeat process with remaining dough and cheese.
- Gently brush outside of triangle with butter and place on baking sheet at least 1” apart. Reroll unused sheets and store for future use following instructions on package.
- Bake turnovers for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.